Ban Mountain Bikes from our Mountains

jackneeson
04-06-2018 12:30:39

Hello,

I climbed to the summit of the Ben via the tourist path. Nothing unusual in that as there were hundreds of people doing the same thing. My point is that during the final 5/600 feet of ascent we were confronted with 6 people descending the same path on mountain bikes at great speed. They had no regard for their own safety and more importantly for the safety of other walkers around them. Indeed I along with several others had to take quick decisive action to avoid being seriously injured if not killed. Whilst I am all for adventure and extremes sports (having climbed several routes on the North face of Ben Nevis) the “tourist path” on a bank holiday is not the best place to practice. More over the Nevis Partnership am guessing have spent thousands of pounds repairing the path for walkers to ascend to the summit only for mountain bikers to rip it up in a very short time. Sadly these activists have no respect for people or the environment which they seek enjoyment.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://bit.ly/2sEXQtY
Motion graphics video animation agency

Thanks

Liste des forums

Ski de Randonnée Bivouak.net

© 2018 bivouak.net, ainsi que tous ses membres, ne sauraient etre tenus responsables en cas d'incident. Sachez faire preuve de discernement et de prudence en toutes circonstances. Soyez responsables..

Identification

( ) bivouak.net