WCS & The Mountain Instruments MI-250

JosephGalvan
08-05-2018 14:23:01

Hello,

I used WCS to polar align my observatory pier mounted Mountain Instruments MI-250 using the DSI Pro II.The software was easy to use! I used extended tracking sequences of 20 minutes for both South and East stars & ran two itterations of the process at 1200mm focal length. After making the adjustments recommended by WCS after both tracking itterations my mount was better polar aligned than it has ever been! Prior to using WCS I had drift aligned the mount, but I guess the human eye is not as accurate as the CCD camera & software can be. Initial moves of the tracked star were about 1 inch on the computer screen after the first 20 minute tracking period, very small moves were required after the second tracking period.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
http://wcs.ruthner.at/forum_new/viewtopic.php?t=5&sid=ba03540b765b27a6eab6611c3b1f3d7e
App video production company

Thanks

Liste des forums

Ski de Randonnée Bivouak.net

© 2018 bivouak.net, ainsi que tous ses membres, ne sauraient etre tenus responsables en cas d'incident. Sachez faire preuve de discernement et de prudence en toutes circonstances. Soyez responsables..

Identification

( ) bivouak.net